The use of effluent pretreated in biogas plants would allow the desirable replacement of maize. It’s then necessary to proceed in testing and measuring the technical and economic feasibility.
Livestock farmers, biogas plants
The replacement rate of the pretreated effluent will start from 30% up to 70%.
Monitoring of productivity and critical points in plant
- phase separation and load lines inside the reactor
- effort to make a proper agitation
- self-consumption for ancillary services (agitators, loading system)
- quality of the anaerobic digestion process
- quality digestate
Stables involved: 20
Biogas plants involved: 2
- Università degli Studi di Milano